Magenta Bougainvillea at Night

Bougainvillea

Magenta Bougainvillea (Bougainvillea sp.)
Location:  Kohala Coast, Big Island, Hawaii

Most of my photographs are shot in natural light, but one evening I went outside in the garden to experiment with my camera's built-in flash.   I had never used the flash with my 55-200mm zoom lens, so I was interested to see what results I would get.  I took pictures of various flowers and shrubs including this magenta Bougainvillea.  I cropped the photo and re-sized it for publishing on the web, but I did not alter the color or otherwise tweak the image.   I'm very pleased with the color saturation here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, nice shot! I get so used to not using the flash sometimes I forget it's an option. Sometimes the flash helps and sometimes it makes it worse. This really worked!

BNS said...

Hi 2 Sweet - I know exactly what you mean. I love shooting in natural light on land -- one less thing to tinker with. It's the exact opposite with underwater photography: no flash, and everything comes out in shades of blue.

Bobbie