Felicia's Rainbow


Location:  Kohala Coast, Big Island, Hawaii

For the past week or so, we have been anticipating the arrival of a tropical cyclone named Felicia.  At one point, Felicia was a Category 4 hurricane.   Fortunately, she gradually decreased in strength as she crossed the Pacific.

This morning, Felicia is a tropical depression and her center is situated a couple hundred miles east of the Hawaiian Islands.  Shower bands ahead of the storm have made the air thick with moisture.  First thing this morning, we looked out toward the ocean and saw this rainbow above our hedge, glowing in the dawn light.
 I took several pictures; this is the first.

2 comments:

kml said...

What beautiful, vivid colors! I am glad to hear that you all are safe. when I heard about it on the news, I could think was - I hope it misses Bobbie and Gerry and their beautiful gardens!

BNS said...

Thanks, Kathy. Yes, we are all safe, and so is our garden.

Bobbie