Sundance Hibiscus

Sundance Hibiscus

'Sundance' Hibiscus
Location:  Kohala Coast, Big Island, Hawaii

Here is another of the 28 varieties of hibiscus we have in our garden.  This variety is called Sundance.   It is a cultivar of Hibiscus rosa-sinensis.   If you look closely, you may be able to spot a small green insect (species unknown!) in the throat of the blossom.  I didn't see the bug when I was taking the photo.   I only noticed it after I looked at the enlarged photo on my computer monitor.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! I sometimes forget these come in colors other than red (smile).

BNS said...

Hi 2Sweet - Yes, although the red hibiscus is the "classic," they do come in many other colors.

Bobbie

Jinghui said...

Very beautiful hibiscus! Well taken!

Excellent colours and sharpness! A great lense you have on hand.

BNS said...

Thank you very much, Jing Hui.

Bobbie