Sunset Clouds

sunset clouds

Location:  Kohala Coast, Big Island, Hawaii

Usually when I photograph a sunset, I like to balance elements of the land, the ocean, and the sky.  On this particular evening, however, the best part of the sunset was aloft in the dense clouds, which were reflecting dazzling orange light as the sun eased below the hazy horizon.  I took the photo from my back garden, which has a view to the west over the Pacific Ocean.  The glowing clouds so dominated the view, that it seemed right to let them fill most of the frame of the photo, too.

7 comments:

Ryanne said...

again you have taken a spectacular picture for us all to enjoy! that orange is so brilliant. I can only imagine it was even more gloious in person.

juliana said...

the clouds look really dramatic in the glowing orange... love the photo

BNS said...

Thank you both.

Bobbie

Anonymous said...

I'm envious. You have the best views! This one is a beauty. The colors are fantastic and I do like that the color of the horizon is echoed in the clouds.

BNS said...

Thanks, 2Sweet. Glad you like the photo.

Bobbie

Yrsa said...

This is a fantastic shot with a really hot feeling to it!

BNS said...

Hi Yrsa - Thanks. It was a hot day, so I guess it's no surprise that the sunset looked 'hot' as well.

Bobbie